Goal: To use knowledge, perception, investigation, and analysis to understand the world.
Commonly associated with: Scholar, mentor, teacher, philosopher, academic, expert or contemplative.
Examples: Simone De Beauviour, Germaine Greer, Susan Sontag, Margaret Mead, Maria Montessori.
The Sage is a seeker of knowledge. They love learning and often strive to become experts in some area.
If The Sage seeks expression at midlife you will feel an intense need to study, to play with mental constructs and to develop ideas. You may be drawn towards formal academic study or you may choose to pursue intellectual interests at your own pace and in your own time.
The key element of this spirit for the midlife Sage is the need to acquire knowledge and skill in order to be of maximum benefit to others. If this archetypal energy is carefully worked with, it leads to wisdom. You may have profound insights into the nature of reality as your understanding of the world broadens and your mind opens.
There is the possibility of pioneering discoveries and of bringing to the world entirely new ways of being.
Download a copy of the free Sage eBook, A Considered Life and start your archetype journey.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Sue Bell is an entertainment writer and author of Backpacked: A mostly true story, Beat Street and When Dreamworks came to Stanley.