Goal: To gain strength, courage and self-knowledge through physical challenge.
Commonly associated with: Mountain climber, Explorer, Skydiver, Rockclimber, Traveller
Examples: Lara Croft, Amelia Erhardt, Kay Cottee, Gertrude Bell, Robyn Davidson
If you feel drawn to experiencing adventure in a physical way then you’d better grab that backpack and put your hiking boots on because The Daredevil archetype is seeking expression. This urge to travel and experience physical challenge could come as a complete surprise if you have had no interest in such things before. Or you may find that this desire has been rekindled after years of building a career or raising a family.
Whether you have had to put aside your adventurous nature for family reasons or whether you are only now feeling the pull of The Daredevil archetype, it is time for you to express your inner adventurer.
Before you go bungee jumping over cliffs or climbing Mt Everest you may first need to start with relatively easy physical challenges. For example, you could join a group of daredevil women and go bushwalking, snorkeling, bike riding, indoor rock climbing or swimming.
For those reclaiming their daredevil nature at midlife you may feel ready to engage in more arduous physical challenges including quad bike riding, motorcycling, camel riding, outdoor rock climbing, hot air ballooning, caving, scuba diving, parachuting, survival skills or white water rafting.
On the Daredevil journey? Download our free eBook Explore Your Adventure Demon : A treatise to embolden the meek, uncurb the cautious and awaken the Daredevil spirit within.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Sue Bell is an entertainment writer and author of Backpacked: A mostly true story, Beat Street and When Dreamworks came to Stanley.
- Discover Your Archetype | midlifexpress.com
- Midlife women looking for a career change try funeral wailing