Quick and easy tomato pasta
Lisa Haas, our resident midlife Creative, offers us a generous serve of this gorgeously succulent treat for pasta lovers.
Use whatever you have at hand for the sauce.
As a guide its basic ingredients include:
- chopped onion (or spring onions)
- a few cloves crushed garlic
- tomatoes ( 3 large fresh tomatoes or I can tomatoes)
- about a tablespoon tomato paste
- freshly ground pepper
Additional ingredients may include (but are not limited to):
roasted capsicum, sliced zucchini, fresh or dried oregano, basil and/or flat leaf parsley, paprika, chilli (fresh or dried).
Saute onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil until onion is transparent. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning (a small amount of water may be added to thin the sauce). Simmer for around 10 to 15 mins.
If adding capsicum or zucchini, do so during the frying of onions stage and cook until soft. Add any other flavourings along with the ground pepper.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta of choice until al dente (cooking time depends on whether pasta is fresh or packet — about 7 mins for packet pasta, less for fresh).
Add sauce to drained, cooked pasta and serve with a leafy salad and crusty bread.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Lisa lives on the North West Coast of Tasmania and is involved in the local craft community.