Koch Brothers war on climate science documentary
The following is a press release by The Real News Network about their new documentary on the Koch brothers’ war on climate science.
The Real News Network’s 30-minute documentary, “The Doubt Machine: Inside the Koch Brothers’ War on Climate Science”, reveals how Big Oil–particularly, the billionaire oil tycoons Charles and David Koch–have used their vast wealth and clout to ensure the American political system takes no action on climate change.
Narrated by two-time Oscar winning actor and screenwriter Emma Thompson and directed by award-winning investigative journalist Bruce Livesey, “The Doubt Machine” explores how the oil industry discovered that burning fossil fuels would cause global warming as far back as the 1970s–but buried this information. Instead, the industry embarked on a decades-long campaign to foster doubt in the public mind about whether climate change was happening or not.
You can help spread the word about this urgent issue today by doing the following:
- Watch the full documentary and learn more about The Real News Global Climate Change Bureau
- Publish the full documentary on your website or blog (if you have one) using this embed code. Please keep the link back to the site active.
- LIKE and SHARE the Real News Network Facebook post
- Post the documentary on social media with the hashtags #climatechange #thedoubtmachine
- contact [at] therealnews [dot] com with questions
Support our Global Climate Change Bureau by making a donation.
Learn more about The Real News’ Global Climate Change Bureau. The Real News Network
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Sue Bell is an entertainment writer and author of Backpacked: A mostly true story, Beat Street and When Dreamworks came to Stanley.