Does Rupert move like Jagger?
I was horrified to hear that Jerry Hall is engaged to Rupert Murdoch.
Why would a gorgeous 59-year-old former supermodel and ex-wife of Mick Jagger want to date an old man of 84?
Has she not read Hack Attack?
Hack Attack is journalist Nick Davis’ expose of the illegal phone hacking scandal within the Murdoch empire. Didn’t Jerry hear about the vile tactics used by Murdoch employees to bribe, threaten and blackmail politicians and celebrities? A big court case ensued and several News International reporters went to jail.
Perhaps she mislaid the 2,000 page Levenson report which concluded that Murdoch’s empire was rotten to the core.
Isn’t she worried that her new beau might hack her phone too?
Or are the only men swiping right on Jerry’s Tinder profile these days octogenarians?
Does this mean that women over 50 are that desperate for a date?
Whatever the case, the beautiful supermodel is no longer attracting young, or even middle-aged, men.
And, implausible as it seems, Jerry may have fallen for an aged media mogul.
As for Murdoch, is the attraction merely strategic like when he married Wendy Deng to break into the Chinese media market?
Could Rupert be sidling up to Jerry because he wants to move like Jagger?
Maybe he threatened her with his own secret wire tapping.
Who knows? Who cares?
Except, of course, women over 50.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Sue Bell is an entertainment writer and author of Backpacked: A mostly true story, Beat Street and When Dreamworks came to Stanley.