Cheese And Chilli Savoury Muffins
These bodacious savoury muffins are a splendid accompaniment to soup – especially minestrone or pumpkin. The recipe makes approximately eight large beauties or twelve smaller delectables. You can make a gluten-free alternative by substituting the flour for a gluten-free variety.
Preheat oven to 190 Celsius
75 grams unsalted butter, melted
100 grams feta cheese, grated
100 grams parmesan cheese, grated
2 free range eggs
Approximately 4 tablespoons milk (if mixture is quite dry, add another tablespoon or so)
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1/4 cup ground almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon fresh, minced chilli (you can buy small jars of minced chilli at the supermarket)
Handful fresh parsley, chopped finely
Pinch of Salt
Place flour, almond meal, paprika, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl ( No need to sift)
Make a well in the centre and add the butter, milk and eggs. Mix until ingredients are combined.
Add cheeses, chilli and parsley and mix until just combined.
Place large spoonfuls into muffin trays.
Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
About the author
Claire Bell is the health and wellbeing editor of Midlifexpress. She is the author of Stone Age Secrets for Mind and Body and Comma Magic. Print and ebooks available on Amazon.