Cauliflower Soup with Onion Rings
I love cauliflower – even more so when it’s in a soup.
Try this variation with onion rings.
1 Tablespoon Grapeseed or Canola Oil
1 Medium Onion, peeled & sliced
1 Tablespoon Hot Curry Powder & 1 Tablespoon of Mild Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon ground Tumeric
1 Large Head Cauliflower separated into florets
4 – 6 Cups Vegetable Stock
3/4 Cup Cashews
3/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Corianda sprigs, chopped.
1 Large Onion peeled & sliced into rings
2 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion &
cook, stirring until translucent. Add the curry powders, tumeric &
salt to taste.
Cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower & stir to mix well. Add
enough stock to cover the cauliflower. Bring to boil & simmer for
10, minutes of until the cauliflower is just tender.
2. Meanwhile, make the onion rings, preheat the oven to 250 F. In a
bowl toss together the onion rings & oil. Season with salt &
pepper. Spread the onion on a baking sheet & bake until lightly
browned moving them about as necessary. (Or you can use a
tin of dried fried onion which can be used to sprinkle on top).
3. Place the cashews in a blender & grind to a fine powder. Add the
water & blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree the
cauliflower mixture. Add the cashew mixture & sugar. Add more stock
or water if the soup is too thick. Bring to a simmer & season with
more salt if needed.
5. Sprinkle the onion rings on top of the soup along with the cilantro
as a garnish.
Serves 4 – 6- freezes well so good to prepare quantity when inexpensive.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)